Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Top Ten Reasons to Not Eat Poisonous Plants



The top ten reasons to not eat poisonous plants are:

10. They taste bad.
9. Then you won't have anything to feed the kids.
8. You saw what they did to your neighbor at a tailgating event.
7. You might finish a manuscript, if you have a salad instead.
6. Form rejection letters taste better.
5. The flower arrangement looks better with them in the vase.
4. What will you feed your husband for lunch?
3. You might get up the courage to query an agent.
2. Another personal rejection might arrive in the mail.
1. Tomorrow you might sell a manuscript.

Let's take a vote...funny or not funny?

4 comments:

  1. I thought they were funny - especially #'s 8, 6, 4 and 3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...that's one vote for my sense of humor. I couldn't think of anything to write about. I got another handwritten rejection from this week. This time it was from Boyd Mills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such an odd duck. And odd funny duck, though. ;) Must be your English background.

    Handwritten rejections are a pretty awesome thing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's two votes for funny. :)

    I know handwritten rejections are good. I'd just like to get a letter asking me for revisions. I know all things come with work and persistance.

    ReplyDelete