Friday, January 19, 2018

How's Your Winter Going?


How's your winter going so far? Mine has been full of revisions, queries, and weights (and waits). We've had a little snow, which is a rarity in Missouri. Have you had any snow? Are you a fan? I miss the snowy winters of Iowa (pictured above). I miss the snow hiking and snowshoeing adventures my friend Sunny and I had.

Do you have big plans for 2018? My biggest plan is to be persistent in my querying and start writing a YA that I've kind of started. My other big plan for 2018 is to be healthier. I've had a good start so far. I'm using the My Fitness app to track my calories and I'm tracking my workouts on my Fitbit. I try to hit 10,000 steps a day. I don't hit it every day, but my goal is to hit it five days a week.  There is a great conversion chart here. I use it when I lift weights or do other exercise. It's really handy.

I hope you have a wonderful 2018, filled with love,  good health and success in whatever you are working on.  :)


10 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon - shock of 9" snow ... thankfully gone now; but lots of rain! Still can only get better in south-west Canada! Spring flowers, mountain slopes ... should be wonderful once things are sorted out here to make life easier ... Good for you with the exercise ... I must too start doing that - now on two farms should be easier ...

    Well done on the writing scenario - I need to get moving in that direction ... take care and all the best in your Missouri world - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my goals: Make it across the river for coffee with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...you've got some really good goals. cool you've already started working on them. i know you'll be successful in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got three inches of snow here in SC and schools were closed for 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon,

    Most encouraging that you are keeping active, physically and mentally. Well done and maintain that positive focus, Sharon.

    It was snowing this Sunday morning. Now, in Leek, it's turned to rain this Sunday afternoon.

    Take good care and Penny says arf!

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon!

    Awesome goals! All the best for 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope 2018 continues to be great for you!!!
    We have lots of snow - and are more than willing to share if anyone wants to cart it away :) The forecast is for 10 inches tonight but we're hoping much of it will pass us by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have some good goals. I am producing two plays for my boyfriend (one now) and moving my mom into independent living here from Florida in between it all. I'm hoping to continue writing through it all. Getting some but not a lot in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your YA this year, Sharon. I too am working on my YA.

    I have thought of getting a Fitbit but am afraid I would lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter... It's the middle of February now--which means we're back to summer. *sigh* We did get to see snow however when we visited Utah. It was awesome! We got it for Christmas eve and the kids got to play in it all Christmas day. Good times. I like it, but after living in upstate NY, right on Lake Ontario, I'm good to not have to shovel it.

    You're going to kill it with those queries, and in the meantime, have some cheese, eh?

    ReplyDelete