Monday, July 28, 2014

Books As Gifts With Kelly Polark!

Today I have a guest post by picture book/middle grade author, Kelly Polark! Her latest picture book, WORDS ON BIRDS, was released this summer!

BOOKS AS GIFTS!


It's beautiful summertime! Time for graduation parties, birthday parties, or just time to relax and read.

Books are always a great gift idea, and if you can pair it with something else cute - even better.

Check out these fabulous gift ideas that include books, wonderful books!

FOR AGES BABY TO AGE EIGHT


COCK-A-DOODLE-OOPS! by Lori Degman with either a Melissa and Doug farm puzzle and/or a cute farm stuffed animal!


ROCKABET: CLASSIC EDITION (ABC picture book of rock) by Kelly Polark with a Lego Rock Band game, a Hello Kitty KISS Edition, or a toy instrument! A band tee or onesie would be cool, too!





CHU'S DAY & CHU'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL by Neil Gaiman with Chu the stuffed panda,  some school accessories, and/or a cute box of tissues!









FOR MIDDLE GRADE READERS

ORIGAMI YODA gift set by Tom Angleberger with what else but Star Wars Legos or toys!





ROCK 'N' ROLL PRINCESSES WEAR BLACK by Kelly Polark with an ITunes gift card!











WISH YOU WEREN'T by Sherrie Petersen with this astronomy ball!








FOR TEENS

DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth and this Dauntless tee!











The DRAGONFLY series by Leigh T. Moore with some cool shades!



SHIVER trilogy boxed set by Maggie Stiefvater with a cute wolf tee!






HAPPY SUMMER! HAPPY READING! HAPPY SHOPPING!



13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendations, Kelly. I have a new nephew and am looking for some good picture books for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome suggestions Kelly! I love giving books for gifts and these are great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both TOO COOL--thanks so much for including the Dragonfly series, Kelly! Love you guys, <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great match ups! I need to get one of those astronomy balls :)

    Thanks for making Wish You Weren't part of the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great gift ideas! I remember receiving The Hungry Caterpillar along with a caterpillar toy when my kids were little. But wouldn't have thought of some of these other pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing my post, Sharon!
    I frequently give books along with a toy or shirt for my kids' friends and of course always give my own kids books along with their bday or Christmas gifts! And for baby gifts I give a book plus another gift. Never too early to start reading to your child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! Books are great gifts--I love to give them and receive them! :)

    Thanks, Kelly and Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the gift recommendations. Something for everyone. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids totally got into the Origami Yoda series, and I admit, I'm curious. I'd like to pick up a copy and see what the fun is about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon and Kelly,

    Those book selections cover a lot of varying interests. I'm looking for one written by a dog! :)

    Thanks for this, Kelly. Thank you, Sharon and I'm back online later next week. Time to get moving...:)

    Hugs and kindness,

    Gary (( ))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific recommendations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy August my friend! Hope you are having a fantastic summer.
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharon and Kelly - kids' books are so amazing with their creativity - love them.

    Also such a brilliant present .. at any time in life .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete