Friday, April 13, 2018

Life, Growth, and Change...


 Often my life feels like I'm moving at a turtles pace. Never getting too far ahead, but then having to remind myself that publishing is an industry that operates at a slow speed.

When things get too slow it's time to push yourself to the next level.

As a writer, I can tell you the more you practice your craft, the more you study, the better your writing will be. Investing in yourself is important. Whether it is doing an online class, going to a local workshop at the library, going to an SCBWI conference or attending a Highlight's Foundation workshop it will move your writing and your confidence forward.





 Pushing yourself to change the way you do something can be the turning point for your writing and your dreams.

What have you done so far this year to push yourself? 

I went to an SCBWI Agent day!

7 comments:

  1. I am not, basically, a writer, but I do agree with you about pushing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon - does settling in to a new country, with a difficult time, count ... I'm coping - but am gathering stories for a series ... and have a chance to chat to one young man!!

    Good for you for pushing on - enjoy ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!

    Pushing ourselves to new and better things really is important. I've been trying out nonfiction recently - and loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! A Highlights Foundation workshop! Good for you!

    I agree about pushing yourself and trying new things. I'm going to an SCBWI conference in Oregon next month, and I think it will be fabulous! Also, I've been playing with the early whispers of a new story, and it's different from what I normally write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Looks and sounds like an interesting workshop.

    I agree with you that pushing ourselves as writers is so important. I push myself every time I try to learn something new and every time I get myself to a conference. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, we need to push ourselves as much as we can otherwise we will be stuck in a rut. All the best with the agent day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true. The further we progress down the path, the more confidence we gain because the better we realize we understand the writing world. I think that applies to any path in life.

    ReplyDelete