Thursday, February 15, 2018

Follow Your Own Path...


Everyone's writing journey will be different. It's so important to not compare your journey to someone else's. 


Your journey may take you down a different path than your friends.

You will encounter different obstacles than your writing partners.


But in the end your journey should be enjoyed. In our business you get used to rejection, but I challenge you to not think of rejections in a negative way...Think of them as a step to finding your lighthouse in the foggy world of publishing.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon - lovely photos of the Jurassic coast. I can quite see the path to success is through a succession of foggy ways ... until the lighthouse beams out. Life is full of rejections ... we just have to step through them ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we continue writing through the rejections, we only get better, right? Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I have to admit I'm having so much fun along this journey - and I haven't really got to the 'gotta be brave & tough' parts yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your photos. Yes, the path to success is always strewn with rejections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. There's something so... calming about that last one with the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true. It's so easy to look at others' progress and feel like you're not doing enough, but I think that takes the pleasure out of writing. So I try to keep my eyes on my own path so I can better see my way forward. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true! Even our own writing paths take many twists and turns we aren't expecting. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a Happy Easter and hoping you've had a wonderful weekend so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that. It's like when people start talking to me about home schooling. When I was new to it, I told them everything I did that they should try too. As I've matured, I've learned that every family has its own dynamic, and it's a question of finding what works with yours to obtain success. I believe it's the same thing in the writing/publishing world.

    ReplyDelete