Thursday, May 25, 2017

Furry Friends

 Macy loved Christmas....
 Macy loved Halloween...
Macy loved feeling fancy....

The heart on Macy's fur showed she loved everyone. She never met a stranger. She was a good puppy and at eleven, she was still a puppy.

Sadly, on February 2, 2017 we had to make the hard decision to put her to sleep. Her seizures were out of control. You could see she was in physical pain. Her eyes were red where they should be white, She laid on the cold tile more than she laid with us. She went from being able to walk a couple miles a year ago to barely being able to walk a fourth of a mile on the rare occasion she felt up to it. We miss her so much.

I sat on the sofa at the doctor's office with Macy snuggled up to me on a fuzzy blue blanket. She laid her head on my arm and I told her how much I loved her and the vet told her she was loved and Macy went to sleep in my arms. She didn't hesitate or flinch she just went to sleep. It was so peaceful.

We miss her so much.Our house feels empty...

Sorry for such a sad post, but I needed to share.

13 comments:

  1. Dear Sharon - I know how important Macy was to you and the family ... I feel for you ... I still cry 35 years later for my own dog ... these photos are a delight to see ... and I love her heart for us all to see - special.

    I know she brought joy to you and introduced us to another special blogging friend through your mutual love for critters ... My heart and thoughts go out to you and the family ...

    With hugs - and am so glad you've shared. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. sharing helps. sending you lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry for your loss. I can imagine the grief you must feel because I love my dog and truly don't know how I would have made it these last three years without her. Take care of yourself, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss , Sharon my eyes are full of tears. When I saw the first two pictures I thought that they were book covers but as I read along I was shocked. Lenny is right sharing helps. Take care of yourself. My family's and my prayers are with you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweetie, we understand. Love and hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lenny - sharing does help. Sending you hugs and wishing lots of happy memories of Macy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sharon,

    I echo the sentiments of the others. I also totally understand that Macy was a cherished, much loved family member. It's good that you verbalised your feelings, my lovely friend.

    Macy. always loved and forever in your family's hearts.

    Hugs,

    Gary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sharon. Hugs. Sharing does help a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, that breaks my heart. Sending love, cheese, and happiness your way. Such precious memories...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for your loss. We had to put one of our dogs to sleep recently as well. I think he had a tumor in his brain, so at the end I could practically feel him begging me to end the pain.

    So I also ended up taking him in and holding him as he went to sleep. He was gone before the syringe was empty, and although I miss him (we got him when I was a teenager), I don't regret giving him the only and best help I could offer him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh...Sorry to hear that. First time on your blog. Shalet Jimmy from India...

    Regards
    Shalet

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good to share your grief, and it is sad that you lost such a sweet and precious part of your family. God bless you, Sharon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear that Macy is not with you, any longer. That's about the same time my own little Eli went home. I imagine the two of them, together, able to run, jump and play in a way that they had both lost, while here.

    Just as Macy went to sleep in your arms, so did Eli go to sleep in mine. I was so grateful for the loving care that took him home to be with his fur buddies. Sometimes, I miss him so much, but it really helps to think that he an' Macy are no longer in pain.

    Thank you for sharing Macy with us and for showing us that loving part of yourself, as well.

    My heart is with you, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete