Have you seen the A-Z Blogging Challenge banner everywhere? I have. It's being hosted by some of my favorite bloggy friends. (*waves to the gang*) After a
little lot of coaxing I joined. I'm number 583! Can you believe it? Last year there were about 100 participants.
Here's the scoop...
The goal of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge is to post something every day in April except for Sundays. You will have 26 blog posts--one for each letter of the alphabet. Each day your post will be related to the letter of the day.
Use your imagination if you join the challenge. You can post essays, short pieces of fiction, a poem, a recipe, a drawing, or anything else that represents the letter of the day. You don't have to be a writer to do this. You can post photos or samples of your own art or craft work. Everyone who blogs can post from A to Z.
So...Are you in??? (You can sign up here.)
I have a little confession...
I've been saving awards.
Bluestocking presented me with this delicious award. She's such a sweetie and we've "blog" known each other for at least a year! With this award I'm supposed to tell you about four guilty pleasures I indulge myself in....So here it goes...no judgment please...
- I take 4 pieces of hard candy to bed with me every night, so I can eat them while I'm reading.
- I have a signature scent. I only get one bottle a year, so I"m careful with it,but I LOVE Channel No.5!
- I love a nice strong cup of coffee! I love it so much that I am giving it up for Lent. (Wish me luck
- Sleep is one of my favorite things. I can comfortably sleep 8-12 hours a day.
I'd like to pass this award along to Beth who has a wonderful blog and sometimes posts delicious recipes. I'd also like to pass it along to my Canadian friend Catherine. Catherine befriended me when Stripes died and we've been buds ever since. She has a way with words, photos and paper! Finally I'd like to pass this award to Jennifer, you might know her as Old Kitty. She has to be one of the sweetest bloggers around. She leaves wonderful positive comments all over the blogging community.
My bloggy friend turned critique partner, Melissa Sarno, presented me with the honest scrapper award. HMMM, I wonder if that was before or after I critiqued a piece for her??? I'm supposed to share ten things about myself. Since I've already shared four things already, I'm going to share six more...
5. I was born in England and moved to American when I was eight.
6. I wear my heart on my sleeve.
7. Boston Bibb lettuce is my favorite type of lettuce. I adore the texture of the leaves.
8. Basil is my favorite herb. I think everything tastes better with basil on it. (Well, not cake.)
9. My Grandad reads my blog. I have to tell you, when he told me I burst out in tears. He and my
Nanny are so special to me.
10. I'm going to see Nanny and Grandad this fall and I'm super excited. I didn't get to go see them in
I'd like to pass this award along to a few bloggers that have been around for a while and have made a lasting impression on me.
~Shannon O'Donnell who has a way of making me feel special as I'm sure she does to so many others.
~Jackee and I met through my long time friend Susan Fields and last summer Jackee and I teamed up to do a months worth or random questions and prizes. It was a blast!
~Kelly Polark is a rock and roll princess at heart. We met last spring through Mark McVeigh, she's one talented writer.
Lindsey and Reenie. They are two of my new bloggy friends. I thought I would present it to some of my new bloggy friends. :)
I'd like to pass this award along to Claudia Del Balso, who shares a wealth of knowledge on her blog; Brenda Drake who has some wicked cool critique contests on her blog; Angela Felsted who has a beautiful poetry blog and to Judith Engracia who just started blogging again...you might remember her from last fall when she was around the blogging community...Hopefully you'll welcome her back. :)
I hope that you'll hop over and meet some of my old friends and some of my new friends...and perhaps even join me in the A-Z Blogging Challenge.