...still trying to get my land legs under me… Something about a week at sea in the Bahamas made me a little too relaxed. I’m having trouble getting back into the swing of things. I’ve been busy reading blogs, hoping to find my muse, but I’m still searching…
While I’ve been away some wonderful people gave me some awards…I feel honored that these talented people took time out of their day to give me a pat on the back. That’s what blog awards are aren’t they…Awards are our little of way saying we like each other’s words, thoughts, sentiments, sense of humor, or the way they inspire us to be better writers or better people.
Karen at I’m Always Write is such a sweetie. I met her when she entered and won a contest I ran. Then I entered her contest and won. Today I read her post and discovered the snow in Maryland is deeper than she is tall. Hop over to her blog and help her hit the 100 mark. Karen has 99 followers as of 7:50 CST today.
Shannon and Karen both said I have to share ten things that make me happy…
1. My daughter
2. My husband
5. The rest of my family (the ones I don’t live with)
6. Our pets
7. Having an office to write in
8. Wonderful friends
9. An awesome critique group
10. Having the opportunity to stay home and pursue my dreams of being a size seven again and writing a book.
D.L. over at Cruising Altitude is one awesome writer. I had no idea how good until I read an excerpt of his novel SLOW DANCER. I hope you will visit his blog and read his male POV YA post….Good stuff! Now I’m supposed to tell ten honest things about myself….YIKES!
1. I sneak coffee with caffeine in it, daily.
2. I dance when no one is looking.
3. When I was 10, I stole a box of chocolate covered cherries from my Mum (one at a time). Yes, I got caught. I’ve never been that devious.
4. I am English. I’ve been in the States since I was 8, but am not a citizen.
5. Eating cold pizza is one of my favorite breakfast foods.
6. I am a reality TV junky.
7. I love Tom Cruise movies.
8. I want to win a Caldecott…(I know...who doesn’t?)
9. The first thing I’m going to do when I sell a book is to hire a housekeeper.
10. I wish that pizza was calorie free, so I could eat it every day.
Tracy over at Crossing Chalk honored me with the Silver Lining Award. Sadly, I couldn’t copy and paste it. Tracy is one serious dude! He’s a teacher, a husband, a father (and soon to be a dad for a second time), a coach, and a writer. I’m amazed he has time to blog let alone write novels. I hope you’ll hop over and read a bit of his work.
Thank you guys so much! Tomorrow, I’ll be back with some life management tips and I'll be passing these awards on to worthy bloggers. (Put on sun screen when you are in the Bahamas, even if you never take your cover up off.)