Thursday, December 3, 2009

Good Friends...Great Writing... and...A Contest








These are my girls…


We met in July of 2008 at the Highlights Foundation Writers Workshop at Chautauqua. We spent seven days learning and interacting with an awesome faculty which included writers, magazine editors, publishing company editors, and the awesome Kent Brown and Clay Winters. I can’t even begin to tell you the value of attending this week long event. I left with a wealth of knowledge, life-long friendships, committed mentors and a huge number of connections in the writing world. It was well worth every penny spent. If you are on the ball and apply early you might even get a scholarship.

Yesterday I introduced you to three of my girls; Amy, Heidi and Tess (Hopefully you checked them out through the links.). Today I’d like to introduce you to our newest blogger and my oldest friend out of the group. Susan and I went to Chautauqua together. She has two completed novels, one of which I had the privilege of reading in its entirety after final revisions: In the Seventeenth Year is a timeless fantasy.



17-year-old Keenan Beckett isn’t interested in rescuing the father he never knew. He isn’t interested in meeting the mother who abandoned him at birth. He’s not even all that interested in saving his homeland from the evil King Xavier. But thanks to a momentous prophecy and a shocking revelation, he will do all of these things as he embarks on a remarkable journey that will turn him from a boy into a man.



I hope you will hop over to Susan’s blog and welcome her to the blogging world.

If you haven’t had a chance to join my three wishes contest follow the link and share your wishes…

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the introduction, Sharon! You're such an amazing writing buddy, always championing others' accomplishments as much as (or more than) your own. I'm blessed to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Amy's kind of a camera hog, isn't she? You know I'm just kidding, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan said what I was thinking...how'd Amy end up in every picture?

    Good thing she's so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting and rewarding time. I checked all of the links. Left a comment on Susan's. Heidi's had some nice artwork.
    Lee
    http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan--Your welcome. You are a great writer and I can't wait for your publishing dreams to come true. I am so thankful you are my friend. I know when I need a great escape I can drive to your house and hibernate with a good book or manuscript for the weekend.

    Tess-- Amy is adorable isn't she! I struggled to find photos without her in them. I think we all just adored her and wanted a photo with such a happy person. Plus we'll have those I knew her before photos as proof. :)

    Arleee--Chautauqua was an exceptional experience! Isn't Susan soo sweet! I love Heidi's work. I keep begging her to sell me a copy of SORROW. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I AM a camera hog! And apparently, I really liked that blue shirt!

    How funny that I can't ever find a photo of me in my own house, but you have four. (BTW, why am I not in that last photo?)

    Sharon, I'm so glad I met you and all the rest of the Wad. You guys are all so, so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love you anyway, Amy. :)

    I think I was camera happy one day, which explains why you have on the same outfit. You must have been taking the picture on the one that you are not in.

    We are a lucky WAD, aren't we...

    ReplyDelete