Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The ABC's of A Good Friend... "P"

 Do you have a special place that makes you feel especially peaceful?
Or passionate and creative?  This is my spot...

Today is day 16 of Arlee Bird's A-Z Challenge! Since I write for younger children and we're doing the ABC's, I thought I'd do The ABC's of A Good Friend (and throw in a few random pictures, because I have a bit of a camera habit).

~P~
Wow, there are a lot of words that start with "P" that describe qualities I would like in my friends!  It's important that they have a positive attitude.  I don't always have one and sometimes I need someone to help remind me to see the brighter side of things.  Being patient is another great quality in a friend.  Have you ever been somewhere and your friend gets in a huff because they have to wait for something.  Give me a break!  Life's too short to get excited about that kind of stuff.  On that same note, I do like people that are punctual....you should at least try to be on time.  I know stuff happens and it's no big deal when it does, but be polite and give your friends a call if you are running late.  I'm all about being polite.  In public or in private I believe in having good manners...and yes, I say excuse me when I burp even if no one is in the room.  Have you ever had a friend that had a peaceful demeanor?  Calmness just oozed out of them...I think that's a wonderful quality too.  I love a good time, but there is something to be said about having a friend that you can just hang out with and have no pressure to have meaningful conversation or to be "on."  I also like to have friends that are passionate about their beliefs....If they are passionate about their beliefs they are going to be passionate about their friendship, which means they won't let you down.   Whether you like quiet friends or rowdy friends, friends that persevere through good times and bad are the best!
 
Do you have a friend you want to give a shout out to?  They may never see this post, but it will make you feel all warm and fuzzy for saying how much you appreciate them in public. 

21 comments:

  1. Yay to passionate, playful, positive friends!! You know who you are!! Yay for you!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! My best friends are my mom and younger sister, and they have all these traits and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive, polite, and patient are so important in a friend/crit partner/writer. We grow, cry, and succeed together. Those three trusted qualities can make the journey so much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon .. fortunately I belong to the positive brigade and always look on the bright side.

    The Healer Therapist who comes to see my Mama - can and does teach me a thing or two about calmness and being peaceful at all times .. I am learning!

    Great 'P's .. so important .. being polite etc .. absolutely - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have a very peaceful friend. Just talking to her calms me. It's like there's something inside her that keeps me level headed. I love this, because so often I'm not like that inside--more like a rumbling mass of chaos.

    I'm all about politeness, though. Mama trained me well. So, ha--I also say excuse me when I burp, even if no one is in the room. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being positive is so important. I can get down on myself sometimes, but my friends are always able to cheer me up. Glad you have people like that in your life too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully peaceful photos.

    You listed many good p words! I like passion and perseverance personally!

    Ones to avoid: preachy, picky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found plenty of pretty awesome people through the A-Z Challenge! Awesome entry for P!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have lots of P friends! Oops, that didn't sound quite right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some awesome friends. I think all of those words are great words for P. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT P'S You have all of mine covered. And yes, I have a friend I'd love to give a shout out to... she is a blogger, but not as active these days because of her mom's health.

    SO my Pal even has a name that starts with P ... Patty Timms of Simplicity in Volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great insight, Sharon! I think you grasp well what a good friend is because you are all those "p's" you mentioned and I'm so appreciative you are MY friend! ;o)

    Have a "P"erfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sharon,
    My goodness, what a 'P's full' posting presented positively politely and passionately. I would like to give a shout out to Gary, the human I allow to live with me. He's a really nifty neato type of guy.
    Pawsitive and Pawesome wishes, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your theme for the A-Z! And oh my, I wish I was on the sea right now... Though I doubt I'd get any real editing done on a boat under the sun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm, let's see. I'd like to give a shout-out to my good friend...Sharon! Thanks for always being there for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m glad you post pictures, I love and appreciate all that you have shared with us… my wife is my best friend, she make everything I do possible. My children are a very close second; they make everything worth doing the best I can.

    Sitting on top of the mountain range that is close to my home makes me feel at peace with the world… and give me a sense of wonder and appreciation for life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with every quality on your list. I have so many great blogger friends, I wouldn't even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My good pal Joe Richardson - an amazing author and the guy who got me involved in the April 2011 A - Z Blogging Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Craig, here you are saying incredibly kind things behind my back. Shameful. Also, I think I dropped your name here back on H.

    And thank you.

    Sharon...I find myself feeling grateful and blessed. And I've completely lost my thought.

    Joe
    q: quarter 'til midnight

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you say excuse me when no one is in the room. hehe. I like punctual people too!

    ReplyDelete