Monday, April 5, 2010
Daily Distractions… (in random order)
1. Landscaping…The snow finally melted, the grass is turning green, and the beds all need to be reshaped and mulched.
2. Dust…I swear a dust fairy lives in my house. I can dust one day and the next day there is another layer of dust sprinkled over my tables and shelves.
3. Social Networking…We’re supposed to blog, tweet, fb etc…to build a platform, but it takes time to do all of those things.
4. Friends…Yes, I do actually have a few friends. Oddly enough they all seem to want to go out for lunch on the same week.
5. Dog…Macy’s trying to lose the weight she put on this winter and wants to go for a walk every day.
6. Query Quandary…Who should I send my work to next? What should I send them? This leads to another distraction…mailbox/email checking.
7. Weather…It’s so nice you work outside, then it storms and BAM you’re out of the mood.
8. TV…I’m a reality TV junkie. Seriously, it’s a problem.
9. Food…You’ve got to buy it or grown it, you’ve got to plan meals, then you’ve got to cook meals and my least favorite chore…clean up afterwards.
10. Gym and Post Gym Naps…I’ve reduced my gym time to two hours a day which reduced my post work out nap, drastically.
What are your distractions? What are your goals for this week?
My good friend Susan is celebrating her 100th follower. Hop over to her blog and get in on her awesome (gift cards…) contest!