Wednesday, March 10, 2010

TRUTHS REVEALED, AWARDS TO BE GIVEN AND AN UPDATE...

My truths revealed…


1. I was born in England in 1963. I lived in a house with no toilet or bathtub. We only had water in the kitchen sink. The only untruth here is I wasn’t born in 1963.

2. I moved to America when I was 10. I moved to North Dakota and was super excited because the toilet was inside the house! Not true...I moved to the U.S. when I was 8. I moved to Iowa first, then Arkansas, then Missouri and now I’m in Iowa again. Ironically, I’m about an hour from where I moved to when I first came to the States.

3. I married my high school sweetheart. We dated for two years, got married and had a baby right away. The only truth in here is that I dated my husband for two years. We waited for ten years to have a baby. She’s fourteen today!

4. I was a disc jockey on a local radio station in college. I interviewed former President Bill Clinton and Miss USA, Terry Utley. This is so close to being true, but I didn’t interview President Clinton.

5. I've met Bill Clinton, Dale Bumpers, Sam and Helen Walton and J.B. Hunt. Helen Walton told me that if your husband didn't see you eat cake, the calories didn't count and J.B. told my husband he married above his head. The truth is revealed…This is all true!

6. I once ate 3 Mc Rib sandwiches and a large order of fries. (Ah, to be young again...) Not...I ate two Mc Rib’s and a large order of fires at McDonalds.

7. When I was in Costa Rica (last year) I touched an alligator. Close, but not quite true.  I touched an iguana in Costa Rica. They have crocodiles there, not alligators. I did go on the Rio Tarcoles and saw loads of crocodiles.

So now I’d like to pass on these two awards:

I’d like to pass the Creative Writer Award to Jill, Karen Hooper, D.L., and Shelley (just bought one of her books). I look forward to reading their 6 untruths and one truth. This is a fun writing activity. I had no idea it was that easy for me to lie!


I’m passing The Silver Lining Award to Casey (for linking my interview with her informative blog), Buffy (who is always encouraging me) and Old Kitty (who is such a sweet person and a fellow Brit).

Thanks for all the kind notes about Macy yesterday. She’s still not herself, but she seems a bit better. We (Awesome Vet and me) think it was a reaction to the shot she had yesterday.

If you haven't been to Literary Agent Kathleen Ortizzle's blog, hop over and check it out.  She has a great post on query etiquette today and holds quite a few contests. (Kathleen held the query contest with agent Joanna Stampfel-Volpe.)

Have a great evening! I’ll be taking my daughter out to celebrate the fourteenth birthday tonight.

20 comments:

  1. I'm delighted you didn't touch an alligator. That would be too weird....err, brave....stupid!

    Revealing post. Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!

    Awwww THANK YOU so much for my award - how lovely, thank you, thank you...!

    OOOh I nearly got number 5 - I chose 4 didn't I?!? Wow Bill Clinton.... that must have been something?!?

    Wonderful untruths and truths - you tease!

    LOL!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I missed your post where you gave your untruths - I never got to guess! Honestly, I check your blog all the time, I'm not sure how that happened. Anyway, they were quite creative, as well as I know you, I didn't know which was true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Sharon. As Grandma D says: Find the silver lining in the dark rain cloud.
    I love your enthusiasm for what you do and your never-ending commitment. Keep up the terrific work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked the right one....I picked the right one...na na nah nah na!! :)

    And I earn another chance to tell some more lies to boot. So Cool!!

    Congrats on your awards. BTW...I posted more of my work today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy--I thought I was pretty brave (terrified) touching the wild iguana...my husband forced me into it, in front of a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty--You did guess number four. President, then Govoner Clinton was a great personable speaker. He came to a PTA meeting that I attended. Education was something close to his heart. Until he was govoner Arkansas didn't have manditory kindergarten.

    Susan--I've had some pretty good experienes. Senator Dale Bumpers actually said that I could be a paige for him, but I had to go to college for one year first as I was only 17 when I met him. I met Walt a few months later and you know where that lead me. :)

    Buffy--I'm taking ELLA'S DANCE with me next week. I don't know if I'll have internet service, it's always kind of iffy at the cabin. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. D.L.--I figured if you read my truth/untruths you would get it right. You are probably the only person (who reads my blog) who would know that all of those people were from Arkansas and that I lived there for a long time.

    I look forward to reading some more of your truth/untruths and more of your work. I loved your last exerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny, I just went back and looked at the post I missed. I can't believe you posted that picture of me! Man, did my hair look like that the entire week??? And I think the husbands enjoyed the games more than they let on...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have never guessed there were so many truths in there! You've led an interesting life. Thanks so much for the award, and happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your daughter. :)
    Thank you for the award. I did my lies and truth (with a little twist) a few posts ago. It's fun to tell fibs every now and then, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I got it right. The level of detail seemed too much to make up. Happy Birthday to your daughter. And good luck with the body bugg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't remember if I got it right or not! Happy BD to your daughter. (We're both Pisces. Fish rule!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are pretty good lies, Sharon. The truth, though, is amazing! :-)

    Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan--Your hair looked great that week...well, I'm comparing it to what mine looked like. I'm so over having red chunky highlights!

    Jill--Part of it was my love for education and the arts. I feel pretty fortunate to have met them. Hilary spoke at my college graduation, but I never met her personally.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen--Thanks, I'll pass your wishes along. :) I didn't think I would be able to do the lies, but no one could see my face, so it was okay. I do not have a poker face.

    Melissa--Good job on getting it right. I had fun writing them. :) The bodybugg is so fun! I burned about 800 calories in the two hours I was working out at the gym today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. MG--So you must be brilliant and creative too. :)

    Shannon--Thanks and I'm glad you liked my fibs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! I didn't know you're from England. Thank you so much for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Casey--Thanks for stopping by. I've been in the States a long time. The past few years have been good to me. I've been able to go over and see my grandparents, dad, cousins, etc about every other year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting things about you!
    I hope your daughter had a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete