My truths revealed…
1. I was born in England in 1963. I lived in a house with no toilet or bathtub. We only had water in the kitchen sink. The only untruth here is I wasn’t born in 1963.
2. I moved to America when I was 10. I moved to North Dakota and was super excited because the toilet was inside the house! Not true...I moved to the U.S. when I was 8. I moved to Iowa first, then Arkansas, then Missouri and now I’m in Iowa again. Ironically, I’m about an hour from where I moved to when I first came to the States.
3. I married my high school sweetheart. We dated for two years, got married and had a baby right away. The only truth in here is that I dated my husband for two years. We waited for ten years to have a baby. She’s fourteen today!
4. I was a disc jockey on a local radio station in college. I interviewed former President Bill Clinton and Miss USA, Terry Utley. This is so close to being true, but I didn’t interview President Clinton.
5. I've met Bill Clinton, Dale Bumpers, Sam and Helen Walton and J.B. Hunt. Helen Walton told me that if your husband didn't see you eat cake, the calories didn't count and J.B. told my husband he married above his head. The truth is revealed…This is all true!
6. I once ate 3 Mc Rib sandwiches and a large order of fries. (Ah, to be young again...) Not...I ate two Mc Rib’s and a large order of fires at McDonalds.
7. When I was in Costa Rica (last year) I touched an alligator. Close, but not quite true. I touched an iguana in Costa Rica. They have crocodiles there, not alligators. I did go on the Rio Tarcoles and saw loads of crocodiles.
So now I’d like to pass on these two awards:
Jill, Karen Hooper, D.L., and Shelley (just bought one of her books). I look forward to reading their 6 untruths and one truth. This is a fun writing activity. I had no idea it was that easy for me to lie!
I’m passing The Silver Lining Award to Casey (for linking my interview with her informative blog), Buffy (who is always encouraging me) and Old Kitty (who is such a sweet person and a fellow Brit).
Thanks for all the kind notes about Macy yesterday. She’s still not herself, but she seems a bit better. We (Awesome Vet and me) think it was a reaction to the shot she had yesterday.
If you haven't been to Literary Agent Kathleen Ortizzle's blog, hop over and check it out. She has a great post on query etiquette today and holds quite a few contests. (Kathleen held the query contest with agent Joanna Stampfel-Volpe.)
Have a great evening! I’ll be taking my daughter out to celebrate the fourteenth birthday tonight.