(Artwork provided by S.P. McConnell)
I'd like to thank everyone who participated in #yahugs.
I need to share an observation with you. (Sorry it's the teacher in me.) No matter if you are submitting to a contest, to an editor, or to an agent, you must follow directions. Reading the directions and doing what they say can be a matter of whether your submission will be read, marked ineligible, requested, or rejected. Why am I saying this? Because numerous people did NOT follow the contest direction. You were to submit your query letter and that was all for round one. I hope that this will be a learning experience for all of us.
Without further ado...
The round one winner of #yahugs, in no particular order:
- Donna McDine - Images of the Past
- Yamile Mendez - A Chair of Every Color
- Heather Powell-Van Fleet - Taking a Chance
- Sarah Sharp - Royalty By Day
- Kimberly Van Sickler - The Mall In Gullybrook
- Elizabeth Arroyo - The Simple Truth
- Roshani Choski - The Glass Garden
- Jen Galasso - The Love Spell
- Lauren Kerstein - Every Part of Me
- Caitlin LaRue - Welcome H.O.E.M.
Congratulations to the round one winners. Please submit your first seven pages through this link by Wednesday, April 23rd.
The winners of the thirty minute phone calls with Literary Agent, Terrie Wolf and the line edit and critique (from me) will be announced here on May 2nd.