(Artwork provided by the amazing, witty, and talented @SP_McConnell.)
Before I begin with the rules and rewards for the #yahugs contest, I'd like to thank Literary Agent, Terrie Wolf, for being so gracious with her time and expertise. She has been an amazing mentor to me these last few months. We actually "met" several years ago through Twitter and became friends. She helped me through a very sad time last spring when my grandmother passed away. Until we started working together on the #sweetheartpbcontest, #midgrademadness and #yahugs contest I had very little idea of her expertise.
It seems fitting that we are having our #yahugs contest as my one and only, beautiful, and brilliant daughter is graduating from high school in May. My summer will be devoted to creating special memories with her before she begins the next phase of her life, in college.
- On April 14th at 6 pm CST you will be able to enter your complete query letter through a link on my blog.
- The first 51 entries will receive a automated letters stating that the entry was accepted. (If you don't get in the 51 entries, you will be able to submit to AKA Literary Management, LLC when regular submissions open. Submissions will open after the contests are complete. Terrie and I will announce when they are open here, on the AKA Facebook Page, on Twitter and our Facebook Pages.)
- On April 21st we will announce the ten winning query letters.
- They will then be invited to submit the first seven pages of their YA novel to AKA Literary Management, LLC through a link on my blog.
- On May 2nd will announce the five winners.
- A thirty minute phone call with Terrie (and me) to discuss your manuscript, your writing career, the writing industry or other relevant topics.
- A line edit and critique of your seven pages.
- And....you never know, you might be asked to submit more pages.
PS: Make those queries sparkle!
PPS: There will be a #yahugs Q & A event on Facebook this Friday night from 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. CST. Not only will Terrie be discussing what she would like to see on the YA front but she'd like to know what you would like to see. Hope to see you there.